Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Covered Up


Well, unfortunately, my Creative Space has been totally covered the past few days.  There are so many things on top of it: fresh dirt from all the new flowers being planted in the front yard, wet dogs running from the wind and rain, noisy children wandering in, out, and around, sadness and death within the congregation, and groceries which must be bought!

I am trying very hard to dig past all of this, because I KNOW there is a Happy Place underneath it all.  The bird bath in the midst of the new purple flowers has given me a small glimpse, so I will press on because it's very possible that the Happy Place lies under the bird bath.  No, wait...that was the gas line and we're thanking the Good Lord that it wasn't punctured in the planting of the new flowers.

There is a strong smell of fertile soil that is also deterring my quest.  The little people who came up my front walk on Saturday to ring my doorbell and tell me about Jesus also became very aware of this and remarked loudly about it. I stood on the closed side of the door and listened as they talked about what was going on in my front yard.

"Looks like somebody's plantin' sumthin!"

"Yep.  Smells like it, too!"

"Shore does!"

"They gon' regret this.  Next time it rains, they gon' be able to smell this all the way down th' street!  Come on.  Let's go.  Ain't nobody home!"

Just for a second I thought maybe I had come closer to my Happy Place than I had thought.

So.  Just thought I would share with all who care that I am continuing in my pursuit.  It's just on hold at the moment, because the groceries that were bought must be cooked before church.  


3 comments:

the good daughter (or whatever my name is) said...

You scare me sometimes. Just sayin.

The Cook's said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog! Sorry... I just found it but will be a HUGE fan... oh, how we've missed hearing this side of you since you have vanished from ymca... sniff sniff... love ur guts and hope the Parson treats you like the queen that you are on this your BLESSED anniversary! :)

Melani Brady Shock said...

Ah...thanks! As the Parson's Daughter so aptly stated, this side of me is sometimes a bit scary. :-) ha! But I hate predictable....(to the chagrin of my family sometimes...)

Love you guys, too. Tons!

mbs