Saturday, March 13, 2010

So, the Joke's on ME!

If you haven't read the blog post below about Fundraiser Roses, scroll down and do so now.  You must read that one before you read this one.

(pause while reader scrolls down and reads previous post)

Okay.  So.  You read it?  Good.

Well, here is Part Two of this Fine Little Saga.

The Parson arrives home yesterday afternoon from a Long Day of Trials, Tribulations, Weddings, Stalled Building Projects, Disgruntled Dear Ones, and Glorious Ministry.

I immediately tell him how the Fundraiser Roses lifted my spirits and thank him for being the Kind, Wonderful, Thoughtful man that he is and how Glad I am that God let me marry him and Roses are Roses regardless of their Source.

He looked at me a bit funny and wanted to know what I was talking about.

I showed him the flowers and the little fund raiser card with the words "Love you. Terry"

He didn't do it.  Said that the Church supported that particular project and the office must have bought the flowers and signed his name to it.

No wonder the fine elderly gentleman had the Cheshire Cat grin.

I'm not quite sure what to say now.

7 comments:

Paula said...

:D

Thank you. I needed that laugh.

I must say though, I thought the Parson was quicker on his 'feet' than that and would have totally been like "oh yeah, THOSE roses!" :D

Tooooo funny!!! Laughter IS the best medicine!

Vision4Africa Webmaster said...

Poor ol' Parson must have been extremely tired!!! :)

Sis. Susan Roen said...

Paula Richardson suggested we read this........I loved it!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Melani Shock said...

The Parson and the Good Wife are both in need of several more dozen roses at the moment...a new post will be forthcoming in a bit that will explain it all.

But yes, I agree Chris...the Parson could have bought a lot of extra points right there if he would have been quicker on his feet! :-)

Andrea said...

Lol......that's a good one! See, the church staff was looking out for the Parson....

The Cook's said...

Parson, Parson... I think this would be one of those times that God might have let a little "white lie" slide... ha! Hilarious!

Barb said...

...that roses are roses no matter the source..?????