Friday, April 20, 2012

conversation

Roxy (the sassy one): Something's up. Whaddya think?

Maddie (the wise one): Most definitely. I know the signs.

Roxy: She's got that look on her face...

Maddie: I saw the suitcase come out of the closet.

Roxy: Oh no! Tell me you didn't! Was it the little one or the big one?

Maddie: The big one.

Roxy: The big one! I HATE it when she drags out the big one. That means she's going to be gone at least 5 days. Maybe 6.  Maybe even 2 weeks. Or MORE? This is gonna be rrruuufff!

Maddie: And she's not talking much. That means she's thinking. Which means she has a lot to do. We're in trouble.

Roxy: Stop her, you know you can, you're smart n all, you always know what to do, c'mon you have to stop her, let's chew holes in her suitcase, lay in front of the door and trip her and then she can't go, and help me, why are you just sitting there, we're gonna have to do something, we will be so alone for God only knows how long, and this just isn't right, oh somebody help...

Maddie: I have another idea. Let's just get right in front of her face and stare at her all sad-like and then maybe she will change her mind...

Parson's Wife: "Hello? Yes, I'm calling to cancel my flight..."

1 comment:

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Haha! Love your doggies.

We miss having a dog. Had to leave Tucker on Guam with the family who begged for him. They had four kids, including a 5 year old boy, the youngest. Tucker's still having a blast being well loved.