Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christmas is Here!

Josh Groban has been been sending Holiday warblings through The Parson's House for about 3 weeks now.  He has been replaced occasionally by Celine, Casting Crowns, Selah, James Taylor, and the Chipmunks as they each added their distinct Flavor to the Mirth and Good Cheer that has begun to emerge from the walls and floors of The Homeplace.

Pithy comments filled with Jeer and Carp have been hurled in my direction as knowledge of the Tinselly Tunes has spread.  Growls of displeasure from those who would Rain on my Holiday Parade have caused Confusion in my Heart.

"NO!" they say.  "Christmas Music should never begin until after Thanksgiving.  We have to put up with it long enough as it is."

Excuse me?  Put up with it?  There needs to be a cave for Those People to retreat to during the Season of Festivity and Celebration of our Lord's Birth!

I will continue to Push the Envelope on stretching the Holiday Season with Twinkly Lights, Merry Music, Smiles and Sugar, and Secrets in the Closet for as long as I can possibly stretch it.

This Season, with all it entails, brings a Sense of Security to my Spirit.  It brings a Smile when thinking of a cuddly Baby Saviour.  It brings Hope while planning the Hospitality.  It brings Gladness while purchasing the Gifts.  It brings Laughter with the Lights.  It brings Carols to the Cleaning of the Rafters.

The Music brings Merriment to my Mundane!

I'm putting up my tree tomorrow.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: