Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Anjana



I received this in one of those Forwards.  Those dumb emails that everybody hates and we usually delete before we look at it.

Well, The Parson forwarded this one to me from somebody else.  And since he knows my aversion to Forwards, I figured it must be pretty good and I needed to take a look at it.

Well, I immediately just dissolved into a puddle.

Anybody that knows me at all knows how much I love animals.  Any kind, pretty much.  They just have a lot more sense and feelings than Human Beings give them credit for.  And I'm not one to always see a sermon in every bush.  But this one just spoke really loud to me.

This is the story of Anjana.


When hurricane Hannah separated two white tigers from their mother, Anjana came to the rescue.  Anjana, a chimp at TIGERS in South Carolina, became surrogate mom and playmate to the cubs, even helping with bottle feeding, according to The Sun.  But the amazing part is that this is something Anjana does all the time.  She's also helped raise a leopard and lion cubs on several occasions.



What would the world be like if we all felt a sense of responsibility for others less fortunate?

You know.  The 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' thing.



I think that tiger cub is smiling...








No comments: